Sunday, August 21, 2016

Transportation - Top Three Learnings

It is difficult to choose just three things I learned from this course. Already, it is impossible for me to use an application or website and not immediately start to critique its design and usability. I think platforms need to pay even more attention to these aspects moving forward, especially for younger generations that have grown up in the world of the internet (and cellphones). To sum it up, websites and applications are gateways for platforms to facilitate business and therefore must be seamless.  

Before taking this course, I never really paid attention to different phases of my experiences. Moving forward, I feel that it will be almost impossible to not be constantly evaluating my experiences as they happen. With that, I hope I can still enjoy them!

Finally, I have a better understanding of an industry that I knew existed, but didn't fully understand. For example, I never thought I would have a stranger cook for me at their home. My reasoning was that I didn't know the person and how could I trust them. The same thing can be said for going to a random restaurant. The biggest thing about the shared economy is the lack of awareness and assimilation. I believe that over time, people will become more comfortable with what these platforms are offering and the shared economy will become very popular for every industry.

In building from my initial thread about my career, I believe this course will undoubtedly shape the decisions I make moving forward professionally. I have a great appreciation for what the shared economy is doing and know that I want to be a part of it in the near future (either by joining or starting my own platform).

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment