Sunday, August 21, 2016

Transportation - Getaround Customer Journey

One of our group's customer experiences included Getaround. Getaround is an on-demand car sharing platform that allows car owners to rent to other peers. Our experience in San Francisco was fantastic. We were staying at an airbnb in Sea Cliff and wanted to check out Sausalito. In just a matter of minutes, we pulled up the Getaround application and could see all the cars in the neighborhood available for rent. I felt excited because of the flexible hours and the diverse selection of cars. The total price of the car was $10 less because I already paid the license fee the first time I used the platform.

Once we reserved the car, we were able to walk to an Audi A4 right around the corner. The car was in great shape both inside and outside which kicked the trip off on a positive note. Since this was the second time I used the platform, I was a little less nervous about driving someone else's car. In addition, the car handled very well which made the driving experience very enjoyable. Both the Golden Gate Bridge and Sausalito were very cool which enhanced the experience overall. The quick afternoon trip gave us a nice break from all our project work.

Again, as with my first experience, street parking was an issue. I was able to find a spot near where I picked the car up, but I was anxious because of the massive hill I had to park on. In addition, had I not turned the wheel towards the curb, the car would have been ticketed. This detail was not included in the driver instructions and I had only noticed by looking at all the other cars on the street.

Some key insights for the platform are as follows. The platform needs to ensure driver instructions include important details that tourists might not know (local laws). In addition, the platform needs to address how to end a trip. Because I had used the application before, I knew that I just needed to park the car before the end of the time allotted. However, it still felt like I was doing something wrong by parking the car and just walking away. These two adjustments would greatly improve the customer journey for peers using the platform.





No comments:

Post a Comment