Monday, August 1, 2016

A tour of AirBnB


As a personal lover of boutique hotels, I was thrilled to enjoy his insights while visiting with Air BnB. I seek out, and prefer travel lodging alternative to traditional hotels, and am fascinated by the opportunities discussed to work with the hotel industry, rather than as competitors. His business insights were invaluable, especially in discussing the importance of feedback, and the lack thereof as a major weak point for the hotel industry. His discussion of the company priority to reduce their feedback time by half, work collaboratively with direct competitors, and finding the working balance of company interests and consumer interests, nurtured the soil from which many of our team's ideas would grow. 

During the time of the meeting, I did not realize how much this suggestions would become a critical part of my own team's project. After completing the course, I was able to reflect on our project, in which we focus heavily on the importance and need for reviews. Our research revealed a myriad of ways in which reviews help legitimize businesses, attract repeat business, provide comfort to new users, allow for the study of business analytics, and help companies regulate their tour operators. When I realized how closely our own conclusion aligned with Chip Conely's I just had to smile at the proof of his business acumen. No wonder he had the foresight to start such a successful company at 26! I was personally overwhelmed seeing the inner workings of such a fast, energetic, and fluid company, inspiring me to seek a similar work environment in my next professional endeavor!



No comments:

Post a Comment