Monday, August 15, 2016

EATWITH


















As I sit here, feeling as full as I can remember, I also feel extremely satisfied.  I was lucky enough to be a part of the Dining Team and while I enjoyed my other meal sharing experiences throughout the trip, the experience with EatWith was definitely my favorite.  It all started with searching for an experience.   The search functionality was so easy to find and use.  Once I located the options in San Francisco, I cut it down to only a few.  I began reading reviews on the EatWith website and the host, Vanesa, stood out well beyond others with her menu options.  Her mass amount of “5 Star” reviews sealed the deal. 

We arrived to the venue, which was originally supposed to be a home; however, because the amount of people that signed up for the meal, the venue was changed to the EatWith test kitchen.  The venue was beautiful and we were immediately offered wine as the chef prepared the first course.  Within minutes, we were chatting with the other guests as peach and ricotta crostinis were passed.   We were then appropriately prompted to take our seats and were served the second course; a salad of melon, avocado, feta, and cucumber.  As conversations continued, the third course arrived and then everyone fell silent.  The most beautiful lasagna was presented and for the next 15 minutes, all you could hear were “Ooos” and “Ahhs” from the guests.  We finished the meal with a scrumptious panna cotta and a second (or third) glass of wine.  Upon leaving, the hosts thanked us, but by now they felt more like friends than hosts. 


Our meal sharing experience was definitely one I won’t forget.   From the seamless booking process and customer experience, to the actual meal, to the satisfying feeling we left with; it was an all around wonderful event.

No comments:

Post a Comment